The objectives and goals for the Masa are very specific and are meant to answer the probelm of a growing disconnect between today’s Israeli youth and the passion and ideals of the founding fathers of the State. Without feeling connected to the core Zionist values that led the creation of the modern State of Israel and a sense of belonging to a larger Jewish community, there is a serious danger of many of our youth questioning the purpose of living in the country and fighting for it when required.
At the highest level, the objectives of the Israeli Roots Odyssey include:
- To clarify and strengthen individual, Jewish and Zionist identity and pride
- To strengthen feelings of commitment and belonging to the Jewish people, the land and the State of Israel
- To motivate engagement in social activism and volunteerism in school and in the community.
However, there are other very important objectives as well:
- Sparking an interest in learning more about one’s Jewish heritage
- Restoring and fortifying the belief in the righteousness of our cause, within the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s Israeli soldiers and future leaders
- Arriving at a clear and motivational answer to the questions “Why do I choose to live here?” and “What am I fighting for?”
- Encouraging each student/soldier to believe in himself/herself and his/her ability to achieve his/her aspirations
- Facilitating character transformation of even the quietest and most introverted student, into a confident , outspoken and fully participating member of the group both on the Masa itself, and in life
- To create a gentler, more sensitive , and more tolerant Israeli society
Privacy Statement: The Mibereshit Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. Mibereshit is recognized per paragraph 106a by Israeli tax authorities. Donations to Mibereshit are tax deductable in the United States to the full extent of the law. Contributions of at least $25 may be sent (and must be payable to) P.E.F. Israel Endowment Funds, Inc. 317 Madison Avenue, Suite 607, NY, NY 10017, with a recommendation that the donation be earmarked for Mibereshit - The Foundation for Jewish Renaissance, Amuta #: 58-027-201-1.